Can Chiropractic Help You? Can Your Chiropractor Make A Difference?
by Broughton Grange & Guilsborough (Kettering) based Chiropractor Fiona MacRae
Chiropractic treatment can be described as a method of adjusting the bones of your body to improve skeletal alignment in a gentle and non intrusive manner. Its aim is to help your nervous system work more efficiently, relieve pain and discomfort, and increase mobility.
As a Chiropractor working in by Broughton Grange & Guilsborough (Kettering), Northamptonshire, the people who consult me suffer from a wide range of conditions, though most typically:
- Back pain - this has many different causes; poor posture, poor seating, injury or pregnancy are some of the more common culprits. Many working days are lost in the UK through sick days taken because of back pain. It can be experienced in single or multiple sites in the back and can often cause symptoms in other areas such as buttocks, groin area and legs.
- Neck and shoulder pain - this can be extremely debilitating, causing difficulties with every day life such as driving, looking after children and using a computer. It is often these activities which contribute to the problem. Disorders in the neck can cause other symptoms such as headaches, dizziness and pins & needles, and often go hand in hand with shoulder pain.
- Headache and Migraine - Headache and migraine often originate from problems in the neck which in turn are caused by poor posture or injury. Everyday activities such as working for long periods at a computer can contribute to these conditions.
- Injuries - Traumatic injuries or repetitive stress patterns can result in the misalignment of joints leading to pain, stiffness and weakness in the affected area
- I also see people who are suffering from Muscular aches; Sports injuries; Arthritic pain; and general Pain, discomfort and stiffness in joints
My job as your chiropractor is to determine what is wrong and, using very gentle adjustments, help relieve the pain and reduce the symptoms. The very gentle McTimoney chiropractic adjustments can often help relieve the source of the problem. I may be able to help you to reduce further risks with some tips on posture.
If you are near Broughton Grange or Guilsborough (Kettering) in Northamptonshire and require the services of an experienced chiropractor, please don't hesitate to contact me.